Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston's massive new food hall raises the bar for downtown dining. Developer Jonathan Enav and restaurant group Clark Cooper Concepts have teamed up to open Lyric Market, a 31,000-square-foot food hall that will have between 20 and 30 vendors.
2. Suburban steakhouse confirms plans for massive River Oaks outpost. After months of speculation, Perry's Steakhouse & Grille confirmed its plans to open an outpost in the River Oaks Shopping Center later this year.
3. Houston's Sugar Hooker fires back with a very special pop-up. When pastry chef Rebecca Masson gets mad, she responds with delicious treats.
4. Houston in the spotlight as Samantha Brown's Places to Love premieres. The popular travel guru spent time at Saint Arnold, got cooking tips from Hugo Ortega, and chatted with The Suffers during her visit to Houston.
5. Popular New Orleans hot dog chain picks Rice Village for first Houston location. Dat Dog's first Houston location will open by the start of the 2018/2019 academic year, the company announced this week.