The Harlem Globetrotters, Souper Bowl of Caring and CultureMap Houston are teaming up to highlight ways you can help hungry residents of the Bayou City. From today (Jan. 13) through Friday (Jan. 17) at noon, CultureMap readers have the chance to win a Harlem Globetrotters VIP Package. Each registrant will be entered to win a family four-pack of tickets as well as a meet-and-greet with the Harlem Globetrotters at Reliant Arena on one of the following days:
• Saturday, Jan. 25 at 2 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 25 at 7 p.m.
• Sunday, Jan. 26 at 2 p.m.
Even if you don't win the contest you can still save $5 per ticket to the Harlem Globetrotters by bringing a nonperishable food item to the box office on Jan. 25-26 or by using the code: TROTTER when purchasing tickets.
Want to get involved? Now through Super Bowl Sunday, you can participate in the Souper Bowl of Caring, the largest hunger-relief effort in Texas.
• Host a food drive at your school, business or house of worship. Every dollar and can of food goes directly to a hunger relief organization of your choice. Be sure to register and report your collection here.
• Donate a pre-packed bag of food at any H-E-B, Kroger or Randalls or give a cash donation at the register between now and Super Bowl Sunday.
• Donate food at your door. The Sam Houston Area Council Boy Scouts will be conducting a drive in many areas throughout Houston. Pick-up day is Saturday, Feb. 1.
• Text to donate. Text FeedHou to 20222 to donate $10 to the Houston Food Bank.
Learn more here about how to tackle hunger in Houston here.