Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston restaurant lands coveted spot in national magazine's best-of-decade list. We're not quite sure what Esquire editor Daniel Gordinier means by describing Nancy's Hustle as "like a truck stop that spent a gap year in Copenhagen," but naming it one of the decade's best restaurants is certainly a high honor.
2. New 'urban treehouse' patio bar with downtown views hits The Heights. As the plans for Patterson Park demonstrate, Houston's patio bar trend shows no signs of slowing down in 2020.
3. Houston named one of world’s 5 best places to visit in 2020. Houston joins Brazil, Botswana, and Israel on Harper’s Bazaar magazine's list of the 20 best global destinations to visit in 2020.
4. These are the 8 best food and drink events in Houston this week. I scream, you scream, we all scream for free scoops at Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream's grand opening.
5. Inventive Houston taco truck rolls out flavorful new West University restaurant. Opening a restaurant allows El Topo to build on its success as a truck with an expanded menu and natural wine.