What are trending topics among Houstonians? Parsing through Houston's Voice's most watched videos of 2012 offers a clue at what denizens of this growing metropolis find interesting, worth watching and worth sharing.
The online community of local content has a wide gamut, as diverse as Houston's cultural makeup. From intimate interviews with leaders to good-doing initiatives to tours of the city's hidden gems, you can find videos that will make you laugh, think, learn and cry — that's if you are the sensitive type.
Houstonians love to hear stories of those making a difference, stories about those who devote their life to lending a helping hand, tales of perseverance.
What we've learned is that Houstonians love to hear stories of those making a difference, stories about those who devote their life to lending a helping hand, tales of perseverance, tales of going against the odds to challenge and change the status quo.
In this segment, CultureMap's staff writer and anchor Whitney Radley counts down the top 10 videos on Houston's Voice for 2012. Watch the summary video above, and if we've whet your appetite for the complete videos, below is the full list with links to each contribution.
- The Houston Food Bank by Kim Hogstrom
- Lauren Anderson - America's Black Ballerina by Kim Hogstrom
- The Art of Architecture by Houston Arts Television
- The Rise of Midtown by Positive Image Productions
- William J. Morgan - Legacy of Love by Kim Hogstrom
- Preserving Latino Heritage in the East End by The Adventures of Luke
- Sylvia Garcia - Houston's Wise Latina by Kim Hogstrom
- Hugo Ortega - Tasting the American Dream by Zenfilm
- HISD's Effective Teacher Initiative by HISD-TV News and Information
- Dr. Klineberg 30 Years Tracking Houston's Change by FocusPoint Studios
Editor's note: Hidden Houston, an interactive multimedia series, aims to reveal the many things that are unique about the Bayou City and its surrounding areas.