Theatre Southwest presents 20th Annual Festival of Originals
Theatre Southwest presents the 20th Annual Festival of Originals, featuring five original 20-minute plays from writers across the country (and sometimes the world.) Five casts and five directors from all across the Houston and surrounding areas then come together to bring these five original plays to life.
Plays will include:
- The Elimination Game by Carl Williams (Houston): Fenrick thinks his life will be perfect now that he has done away with his nagging, neurotic wife, Geneva. But the tables turn, and turn again in this amusing game of cat and mouse.
- The Next Move by William Ivor Fowkes (New York City): A retired couple prepare for their afternoon guests and a good game of checkers. Along the way, we discover why Sunday’s just aren’t relaxing anymore.
- Joey and Chuck by Thomas J. Misuraca (Los Angeles): Joey brings his boyfriend, Chuck, to meet the parents at a lovely restaurant. Joey's parents pride themselves on being "progressive.” Let's see just how progressive when they found out Chuck’s age.
- Card Games by George Rapier (Houston): Jake steals a valuable collector’s item from his grandmother. The heist goes smoothly, but afterwards things get a bit gnarly.
- Blur in the Rear View by Aleks Merlio (San Diego): Recently released from prison, Jasper returns home to make things right by his old flame only to find that she’s moved on with her life. Even so, he attempts to make another mark in her life.