St. Cecilia Chamber Music Society presents 21st Century Premieres
St. Cecilia Chamber Music Society's opening concert for 2018, featuring lead musician Judy Dines, will feature the following performances:
- Arnold Bax’s Elegiac Trio – written for his friends who died in the 1916 Easter Uprising in Ireland – a beautiful lush work.
- Dale Warland’s Arise My Love – arranged for flute, harp and viola – based on the biblical passage from “Song of Songs”.
- Wendelin Bitzan’s Zoological Garden: Twelve Fabulous Pieces for Flute and Viola – we will visit twelve animals in the zoo – a playful and fun work.
- Charles Rochester Young’s Song of the Lark – two sumptuous outside movements echo the sunrise and sunset hours for the Lark.
- Theodore Dubois’ Terzettino- traditionally romantic, with beautiful simple melodies.
- Stephen Main’s Columbus Triptych – it starts with a cheerful romp, goes to a calming middle section and ends with a spirited fugue.