Preservation Houston presents Good Brick Tour
See five award-winning historic properties during Preservation Houston's third annual Good Brick Tour. Locations on tour range from a Victorian cottage to a classic mid-century home in neighborhoods from the Old Sixth Ward to River Oaks and Braeswood Valley.
Tour locations are:
- 1203 Edwards St., First Ward, a classic Folk Victorian house (1899)
- 716 Sabine St., Old Sixth Ward Historic District, a rare Carpenter Gothic cottage (1872) and a sympathetic new residence inspired by Texas pioneer homes
- 3229 Groveland Ln., River Oaks, Birdsall P. Briscoe’s finely detailed interpretation of English Regency architecture (1936)
- 3405 Meadow Lake Ln., River Oaks, John Staub’s post-World War II reinvention of his traditional country house (1948)
- 4111 Drummond St., Braeswood Valley, a unique mid-century home (1953) complete with period furnishings, fixtures and decor