Levy Park Conservancy presents Southern Fried Chicken Festival
The Levy Park Conservancy will host the Southern Fried Chicken Festival (SFCF) in the Upper Kirby District and presented by Stack Marketing Group. All ages are invited to join in the fun of this unique culinary event that’s all about southern fried chicken. Proceeds from the festival will benefit Kiel Colon Cancer, a nonprofit organization founded to raise awareness and donate funds toward fighting colon cancer.
Talented Houston-area chefs and culinary artists will convene at the Southern Fried Chicken Festival to showcase their creative and flavorful fried chicken master pieces. Guests are invited to vote on their favorite version of fried chicken, as well as participate in a chicken wing eating contest and a watermelon seed spitting competition. Live musical entertainment will be provided by the dynamic bands Blaze and Black (soul and hiphop), Sambabom Houston and alternative rock band, Ganesha.
A general admission ticket to the Southern Fried Chicken Festival includes:
- All live performances on the SFCF stage
- Food available for purchase from chefs, food trucks & restaurants and all bars and concessions throughout the park
- Official festival merchandise, art and hot sauce available for purchase
- Sponsor areas with giveaways throughout the park
- Children’s area with games (ages eight and under allowed in free to festival with a ticketed adult)