Houston Zoo Cool Nights
The Houston Zoo is once again staying open late so that visitors can enjoy the animals in the cooler evening weather. Every Friday evening from June 10 to August 5, guests can enjoy added music and fun family activities that are sure to entertain kids and adults alike. All activities are included in Zoo admission and are free for Zoo Members.
- June 10 - Snowin' in the South: Snow in Texas? In June? Only at the Houston Zoo! They’re making it snow for the first Cool Nights of the season. Make a snowman or snow angel and learn how the Houston Zoo helps save animals here in Texas.
- June 17 - Zoovie Night: The first Zoovie Night of the summer will feature a showing of Alvin & the Chipmunks: Road Chip on a giant outdoor screen. There will be music, games, and activities from 5-8 pm, followed by the movie at 8:30 pm.
- June 24: Coolest Backyard Bash - Bring a friend, bring a date, or bring your family for the Coolest Backyard Bash. Enjoy music, outdoor games, and more as you take advantage of the cooler evening hours.
- July 1: Red, White & Zoo: Celebrate the Fourth of July with your favorite animals. Make your own flag, march in a parade with Uncle Sam, and explore the Zoo looking for a few red, white, and blue animals.
- July 8: Dino-mite!: Go back in time as you tour this summer’s DINOSAURS! exhibit and feast your eyes on dinosaurs that move their heads, arms, tails, and even spit water. Plus, stay late for Zoovie Night featuring Jurassic Park on a giant inflatable movie screen.
- July 15: Teddy Bear Bash: For this Cool Nights, it’s all about bears. Bring your teddy bear to the Zoo, dance in a Teddy Bear Parade, and learn all about the bears who live at the Houston Zoo and how you can help save bears in the wild.
- July 22: Under the Sea - Make a splash at the Zoo and learn all about our marine animals and how you can keep them and their ocean homes healthy. Plus, this night only, the Kathrine McGovern Water Play Park will stay open late.
- July 29: FairyTAILS - Princesses and pirates – wear your favorite fairy tale gown and join us for an enchanting evening at the Zoo. Meet Aurora the orangutan and Boga the komodo dragon, and learn how you can help these species live happily ever after.
- August 5: Zoolympics - Train like an Olympian at the final Cool Nights of the summer. Test your strength, speed, and balance, all while learning how you can help save animals in the wild. Plus, stay late for this summer’s last Zoovie Night featuring Kung Fu Panda 3.