The Houston Barbecue Festival and Saint Arnold Brewing Company present Tex-Mex BBQ Block Party
The Houston Barbecue Festival and Saint Arnold Brewing Company will host the inaugural Tex-Mex BBQ Block Party to celebrate and recognize the growing influence of Tejano and Tex-Mex cooking traditions in contemporary Central Texas-style craft barbecue.
Pitmasters with backgrounds in Tex-Mex and Tejano cooking have joined the craft barbecue movement and created a style of barbecue generally referred to as "Tex-Mex BBQ" that combines Mexican, Tejano, and Tex-Mex cooking traditions with Central Texas-style barbecue.
The Tex-Mex BBQ Block Party will primarily showcase those up-and-coming pitmasters who have made Tejano and Tex-Mex cooking traditions a fundamental part of their craft barbecue menus.
Participants will include (subject to change):
- Eduardo Ortiz of Eddie O's Texas Barbecue
- John & Veronica Avila of El Burro & the Bull
- Joseph Quellar of JQ's Tex-Mex BBQ
- Dom Soliz of Mick Smokin BBQ
- Ray & Genesis Dominguez of Ray's Texas Smoke Barbecue
- Willow Villarreal & Jasmine Barela of Willow's Texas BBQ
- Esaul Ramos of 2M Smokehouse in San Antonio
- Tony Salazar of Taste of Texas Tex Mex BBQ in Beaumont
Tickets include entry into the event, unlimited samples from all barbecue vendors, and Saint Arnold beer. A limited number of tickets will be sold.