Fifth Annual Galveston Island Shrimp Festival
Three full days of shrimp, music, friends and fun, the Fifth Annual Galveston Island Shrimp Festival features activities such as a shrimp gumbo cook-off, a gumbo tasting, a boat and RV show, 5K and 1K fun runs, a Lil' Shrimps Parade, live music, vendors and a kid's area.
- 8-10 p.m. — VIP/Sponsor Kick Off Party, fried shrimp dinner, live music and bar at Saengerfest Park.
- 5-10 p.m. — Free Boat and RV Show.
- 10 a.m. — Vendors open on 23rd Street, Free Boat and RV Show opens.
- 11 a.m. — Information Booth opens.
- Noon — Public Gumbo Stroll and Strand Merchant Walk-About begin, kid's area opens, live music at Saengerfest Park begins.
- 3 p.m. — Galveston Shrimp Company's "Lil' Shrimps Parade."
- 4 p.m. — Public Gumbo Tasting and Strand Merchant Walk-About end.
- 6 p.m. — Awards Ceremony
- 10 a.m. — Free Boat Show and kid's area open.
- noon-4 p.m. — Live music in Saengerfest Park.
- 5 p.m. — Boat Show and RV and kid's area close.