Disney/Pixar presents Cars 3: Road to the Races
Disney•Pixar’s Cars 3 is hitting the road with Road to the Races, a nationwide tour inviting fans to gear up for the upcoming big-screen release. Life-size, character look-alikes of five-time Piston-Cup champion Lightning McQueen, tech-savvy trainer Cruz Ramirez, and the sleek next-gen racer Jackson Storm will be rolling into town to celebrate the new movie, which opens June 16, 2017.
Events will include:
- Alamo Rent A Car street art booth that will bring the movie to life with a giant coloring mural featuring Lightning McQueen and friends, along with a color pencil pack souvenir.
- Coppertone racer pit crew that encourages visitors to take part in a tire-changing activity and photo-sharing opportunity.
- Crest® and Oral-B® digital postcard with Lightning McQueen and giveaway of Cars-themed oral care products.
- Samples of Dole's high-octane fruit and vegetable smoothies, along with Cars 3-inspired recipes.
- Mattel interactive play area, which sends Lightning McQueen and other racers down the gravity drop and launches them into action in new play sets that feature locations from the movie. Also on display will be a collection of die cast racers from past and present.
Fans will be able to catch a sneak peek of the movie in the Cinetransformer Mobile Movie Theater. Visitors will also be able to take photos with the life-size character cars.
In addition, the sports national youth program NASCAR Acceleration Nation will display the science behind NASCAR racing, and elements from the NASCAR Hall of Fame will allow attendees to get up close and personal with the history of NASCAR.