CounterCurrent Festival presents Fault Diagnosis
No one could say exactly when the car arrived, or where it came from. One day, it was just there. With the first four episodes performed outside - each on a different block of Houston - this five-night multimedia event follows the story of a stranded passenger and his car.
Guided by an app that is GPS-triggered, audiences come upon a broken down 1985 Nissan Pulsar NX; they become witnesses as the car and passenger pass through various stages of repair and disrepair. Each night is both a new chapter and a self-contained episode with a very distinct feel: one night features mysterious figures in white jumpsuits, another a violinist plays a sonata in the passenger’s seat, in yet another audience members enter the backseat of the car with video projections saturated in green and red, and recorded messages from the now missing passenger. All the while an audio narrative deepens the mystery, describing what may or may not have occurred.
Schedule of events
- Tuesday, April 12 - Stranded: The Passenger at MATCH
- Wednesday, April 13 - Spirit Cooking: The Mechanic at MATCH
- Thursday, April 14 - Post Op: The Ghostesses at SBC Properties at the Menil Collection
- Friday, April 15 - Your Instructions: The Guides at SBC Properties at the Menil Collection
- Saturday, April 16 - Frequencies and Noise: The Pulsars at Aurora Picture Show