AIA Houston presents 2017 Annual Home Tour
Ten architect-designed houses selected by a jury of industry experts to represent the finest in new residential architecture will be featured in the 2017 Annual AIA Houston Home Tour. Open to the public, the self-guided, two-day tour attracts approximately 3,000 people each year and operates with generous permission from homeowners, community cooperation, 200 volunteers, and architects eager to share each home's design.
All of the homes on the tour are located within the Houston metropolitan area, designed by an AIA architect, and completed within the last five years. This year's selection committee is former AIA national President Elizabeth Chu Richter of Richter Architects (Corpus Christi), Elizabeth Price of Upchurch Architects, Inc. (Brenham), and Dan Shipley of Shipley Architects (Dallas). The criteria used to select homes for the tour include design excellence, quality and craftsmanship, innovative design solutions and use of materials, and sustainability of design. The selection committee reviewed all submittals and made the final selection of homes to include on the tour.
Full-tour and single house tickets can be purchased at any of the participating houses during tour hours and are good both days of the tour. Click here for a map of the participating houses.
Featured houses and architects:
- 4210 Whitman Street, Houston, TX 77027, 2scale architects
- 1501 Laird Street, Houston, TX 77008, Brett Zamore Design
- 1700 Haver Street, Houston, TX 77006, Collaborative Designworks
- 1427 Waverly Street, Houston, TX 77005, CONTENT Architecture
- 2411 Swift Boulevard, Houston, TX 77008, Cusimano Architect
- 420 Oak Lane, Houston, TX 77024, Dillon Kyle Architects
- 721 Redan Street, Houston, TX 77009, m + a architecture studio
- 702 East 13th Street, Houston, TX 77008, McIntyre Robinowitz Architects
- 5280 Caroline Street, Houston, TX 77004, Munoz + Albin Architecture & Planning
- 5007 S. Braeswood Boulevard, Houston, TX 77096, studioMET